Join the Mushroom Movement... and become a Blenditarian!
Want to eat healthier and more delicious meals, without having to give up red meat? ... it's time to BLEND!
The Blend™ is an easy cooking technique that you can adopt with any minced meat recipe. There's no need to change the recipes you already know and love... just make room for mushrooms! How easy is that?
All you need to do is substitute some of the mince for mushrooms and continue to cook your favorite recipes.
To make your spaghetti, lasagna or BBQ beef burgers more delicious, nutritious and sustainable – it’s as easy as chop, blend and COOK!
It's time to become a Blenditarian...
The Blend is better for you and the planet too!
Three steps to BLEND!
Chop the mushrooms into fine pieces, so they match the consistency of minced meat.
You could use a food processor, but don't over chop!
Blend the mushrooms with your mince.
You can blend with any minced meat - beef, pork, chicken, lamb or turkey.
Time to cook your blended mushroom-meat!
There is no need to change your recipe, no need for extra pots and pans... just make room for mushrooms and chop, cook BLEND!
Why Blend Mince and Mushrooms?
The Blend mushrooms and mince method is a simple way to make your everyday mince meals healthier and more nutritious, without sacrificing taste. All you need to do is substitute some of the mince for mushrooms in recipes you already love to cook, like spaghetti, taco’s, meatloaf and more.
By reducing meat to make room for mushrooms, your meals will be better for you and the planet too!
- Reduced Fat, cholesterol and kilojoules: Research suggests that when making burgers, by substituting one third of lean mince for mushrooms will save around 100 kilojoules and make a juicier more nutritious burger patty.
- Power packed nutrients: The Blend mushrooms and mince method adds more nutrients to the plate like vitamin D, potassium, B-vitamins, and antioxidants. The Blend also adds fibre too!
- Boost flavour: Mushrooms have a natural 'umami' taste, which enhances the meaty flavour - without making the dish taste 'mushroomie' (as if there's a problem with that?). Because of the added water content from the mushrooms, your burgers and meatloaf will actually be juicier too!
- Reduce salt: Thanks to mushrooms’ umami (savory) taste, studies confirm you can maintain the delicious flavour of recipes you love while reducing salt needed by 25%².
- Extend your budget: The Blend method of adding mushrooms to mince recipes results in more food! By adding mushrooms, you generate more servings and extend portions.
- Better for the environment: Mushroom farming is one of the most sustainable farming practices of all. Reducing meat and eating more mushrooms means you are doing better for the planet. (Thanks for that!)
- Save $$. Generating more servings and extending portions means cost savings on the price per serving.